Daily Bible Verse

December 2, 2006

Rough Surf

The surf has laid down a bit today, but Thursday and Friday it was a bit rough. Actually more than a bit rough. A mirrolure cast up current, was completely downcurrent before the slack could be reeled in. There was a couple of small specks caught near me on tandem jigs, but even the rigs with the large jig up front and the smaller one in the rear were washing downcurrent really fast and wouldn't go to the bottom. I fished this morning for a bit before I had to stop and work on my fishing Blazer, but I didn't catch anything. I didn't see anything caught either. There were lots of people bottom fishing, but I only saw one medium sized whiting, about 12 inches long. Hopefully fishing will pickup tomorrow.

The water is looking better. It has cleared up a lot since the "Swamp Water" post. It has also warmed a bit. According to the Wilmington TV station, the local water temp is now at 62 degrees, up 4 degrees from last weeks low of 58. If this water temperature stays up like this, we may be catching speckled trout at the end of January. The weather at Topsail Island is wonderful. I can't believe I am still wearing shorts and T-shirts on the first day of December. It was 73 degrees today, with lots of sunshine. We have cold weather on the way, so we are enjoying this weather while we can.

Thanks to those who have sent pictures in. I am having trouble with the blog. The link I am supposed to use to upload the pictures has mysteriously disapeared from the blog control panel. The folks at tech support are working on the problem. I will get these pics posted to the blog as soon as it is up and running correctly.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment