Daily Bible Verse

December 9, 2006

Black Drum in Surf

Migraine eased up a bit this morning, so I went fishing in the surf. I tried casting MirrOlures and several different grubs for trout, but had no bumps. I had a few frozen shrimp that I had left from a previous trip, and I had them with me, so I tied a bottom rig and after a few minutes I had caught a small black drum. Not a big deal, except that it tells me that the water is still warm enough for speckled trout. The black drum will leave before the water gets too cold for trout. So, even though I didn't get a speck today, I am sure they are still around. I just didn't fish in the right spot today. Had I felt better, I would have made a couple of moves and tried to find them. Maybe tomorrow.

Till next time....
Tight lines!
Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment