Daily Bible Verse

October 29, 2006

Vinita Says Spots at SCP

The Surf City Pier website says the spots were biting last night. Big ones. Also puppy drums. This has been a good year for puppy drum. Also black drum. Best year for black drum I have ever had. Speckled trout are here and there in the surf, but not in large numbers yet. Flounder are still biting well, but not many keepers. There are huge numbers of 13 inch flounder in the surf. Maybe a change in the size limits are in order? What about keeping one or two over 12, then the others must be over 14. Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

I had a conversation with an angler about stripers in Surf City. Has anyone caught one here in the last ten or so years? I would like to hear from you. Also, if you have a favorite method of surf fishing for these fish, drop me an email with the info. I may try it here this winter.

Until next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny