Daily Bible Verse

July 24, 2006

Too Windy?

I didn't fish for a couple of days because of a bad migraine. I did go out to the surf yesterday evening where I found really windy conditions. Folks kept asking "Isn't it was too windy to fish?" My answer to them was "Not for me." My answer now might be. "Too windy for the angler or for the fish?" It wasn't too windy for the blues I was catching. I must have caught a dozen in the hour and a half that I fished just before dark. I didn't have a light with me, and with the sun going down, I was wary that one of the toothy blue fish would latch onto my finger in the dark. Although small, they were fun to catch in the wind and roaring surf. The surf was so rough that the four ounce sinker I was using bounced around like a super ball. Remember those? It was really difficult to tell if I was getting a bite or if the wind and waves were causing the tip of my fishing rod to jump up and down. But with careful observation, it was possible to tell a bite from the action caused by the waves and the wind. I didn't keep any of the blues. I don't like them frozen, and I was not in the mood for blue fish last night. I really didn't feel like dressing them, and they were fun to catch so I let them live to fight another day.

Till next time....
Tight Lines!
Johnny


13278