Daily Bible Verse

July 21, 2006

Red Drum are feeling quite safe today.

I woke up with the alarm clock buzzing, my ears ringing, and my head pounding. A migraine has kept me in all day, but it is starting to diminish as I make this post. After yesterday's fiasco, it's probably stress that triggered this one....or maybe the excitement of seeing all those beautiful monster reds swarming around my little kayak. Anyway, the word has probably gotten around in the undersea world around Topsail Island that Johnny FishinTopsail poses absolutely no threat to the fish population, especially the red drum community. But that's ok, it gives me the upper hand and the opportunity to turn a bad day into something positive. Now that the drum population's guard is down, I will sneak up on them with my super tough abrasion resistant 30 lb test leader line, and my newly purchased Berkley Gulp baits, direct from Herring's Ourdoor Sports and decend upon the unsuspecting undersea world with a vengence! And I plan to start this evening! If I can't get out in the kayak, I will get out to the surf. Yea, those crafty red drum might not fear me, but to the sand flea world, I'm known as a crafty and unstoppable cereal killer! (get the pun?) Yea, sand fleas fear me!

A call from a couple of sources tell me that trout are biting on Surf City Pier still, and the flounder are getting larger. The kings are getting bigger with more hookups. And their have been some HUGE sheephead caught. So come on down and get yours, before the water heats up and runs everything out past the point of "nocancastthatfar".

Till next time.....
Tight Lines!
Johnny


13182