Daily Bible Verse

May 25, 2006

The spanish are biting really well from Surf City Pier. Most are keepers with a few bigger ones mixed in. There was a big king caught yesterday, I think it was about 44 lb. A young kid plugging from the end of the pier caught a king, yea, I said king, that I heard weighed about 30 lb. I'll check it out and make a correction if this isn't correct. The mullets and whiting still aren't biting as well as they were at this time last year. Bluefish are giving anglers lots of fun and sore muscles. There are lots of them in the water. Ken caught one with his got-cha plug just hanging right at the top of the water. Brother in law Dave Osborne caught one 18 1/2 inches jigging a got-cha straight down from the south side of the end of the pier. I am still hearing of a few drum, and a few trought, and a spot here and there. Weather is nice and water is warming fast. Last report I got was 69 degrees.
Till next time........
Tight Lines!
Johnny

1 comment:

  1. I believe the 44 pounder was a Cobia.

    ReplyDelete