Daily Bible Verse

November 1, 2005

Trout in the Surf

Monday morning. 7AM. Surf just north of Surf City Pier. As fishin bud Ken and I hit the beach, A couple of guys are fighting fish on light spinning rods. Turns out to be trout. He says "They were everywhere, Man! Every cast we caught one!" At first I thought about some of my embelishments about a good fishing day. You know the saying, "I fish, thus I lie." But then I saw him and his friends walking around with a cardboard box picking up the trout they had caught. "Here's another bunch!" the young man screamed to his buds as he picks up 3 trout and a blue laying in a pile on the beach. One trout still flopping. I cast my mirro-lure into the surf and immediately hooked up. I landed a nice 18 inch speck. That was the last one I caught. They just quit. I saw no less than 25 trout that had been caught that morning. We fished on and caught a dozen large mullets and a black drum before lunch break, but not another trout.

The wind is going to be right in the morning. NE about 5 mph. Air temp will be about 55 and water temp is about 62 and the tide will be almost high incoming. I WILL be on the beach before sunrise waiting for the specks to return. I am hearing the hot color for mirro-lure is rainbow. I don't have one, so I will try the closest color I have.

Oh, by the way, pier anglers were slaying the spots this evening. A friend, Nick, says some blues were biting got-cha plugs early in the day from Surf City Pier. They have caught a couple of kings this week also.

Till next time,
Tight Lines!

Johnny

No comments:

Post a Comment