Daily Bible Verse

August 12, 2005

ICW Action, Hello Doug

A first for me. Monday, I drifted the ICW in my boat. I caught at least 30 sharks, a couple almost three feet long. Also caught a nice blue, about 2 pounds. But what really supprised me, I caught a 3.61 lb spanish, 23 1/2 inches long. Besides being in the waterway, about halfway between New River Inlet and New Topsail Inlet, the unsual thing was I caught the spanish on a flounder bottom rig, and a finger mullet. I have never caught a spanish any way but plugging. Learn something new every trip.
Heard of a huge red caught on Surf City Pier, 44 lbs.
Not much going on at the pier for the spot and mullet anglers. A few here and there. There was a 10 lb sheephead and a 3 1/2 lb sheephead caught last week on two consecutive days. Both on sand fleas. The 10 pounder was caught on a flea "borrowed" from Tim. Tim says he won't loan any more fleas! He was just kidding. The story is that the angler was going to leave because he was out of bait. Tim says to try one more and handed him a flea. The rest is history.

Hello to my new friend Doug, who I met at Lanier's Campground Pier. Seems Doug reads this fishing blog. It's nice talk to someone who reads my scribbles. Thanks Doug, and good luck with your fishing trip. I would love to hear from anyone else reading my blog. Just drop me an email.

Later, Tight Lines!

No comments:

Post a Comment