Daily Bible Verse

July 7, 2005

Surf City pier report

Mixed bag caught from the pier. A few kings and spanish. Lots of sheephead. Several nice flounder. Patient anglers can get a nice creel of spots, croakers (larger than normal for this area), mullet, blues, some nice trout (grey and specs), and a few smallish flounder. These species can be taken on regular bottom rigs and shrimp or blood worms. My friend Ken is still catching "Angel" fish, or spadefish. He caught 4 more last night. Spanish and larger blues can be caught on gotcha plugs and diamond jigs. Larger flounder can be caught on flounder rigs and live shrimp or minnows (mud minnows or finger mullet). I have caught small puppy drum and hooked some large reds, although I have been having some trouble landing them. I have upgraded from a penn peerless 9 to my Penn Peer 209 with 30 lb test line. Maybe this will help. The reds (or whatever they were) hit spot heads at night. My brother is coming in two weeks, maybe he can teach me how to land the big ones. Hurry Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment